St Thérèse of the Child Jesus [Donore Avenue Dublin 8]

A STREET PHOTOGRAPHER WHO LIKES DOING STUFF

St Thérèse of the Child Jesus [Donore Avenue Dublin 8]
Donore Avenue Parish is situated in the Liberties area of South West Inner City Dublin. Initially the area was part of the Parish of St. Catherine’s Meath Street. In 1946 Donore Avenue parish was established. The Marist Fathers came to Donore Avenue Parish in 1980. At present there are four Marists living in the community attached to the parish.

Geographically the parish of Donore Avenue is made up of clearly distinct districts, which developed at different times and in different ways. Donore Avenue was originally named Love Lane. Initially the area was part of the Parish of St. Catherine’s, Meath Street.

The granite-faced church was built in 1924 and was later extended to cater for the growing population in the area. In January 1946 it was constituted a parish in its own right.

The main geographical areas of the parish can be defined as:

The Tenters
Cork Street and Maryland
South Circular Road from the Mosque to Player Wills factory
St Teresa’s Gardens, Chamber Court and Weaver Court

LOADING