88 MARLBOROUGH STREET | ZOZIMUZ

A STREET PHOTOGRAPHER WHO LIKES DOING STUFF

88 MARLBOROUGH STREET - THE CONFESSION BOX PUB

THE CONFESSION BOX AT 88 MARLBOROUGH STREET

The street is named after the Duke of Marlborough, known for his victory at Blenheim during the 18th century. In the late 19th century it was for a time called Tyrone Street after Tyrone House. The lower part of the street was at different times called Union Lane, Ferryboat Lane, and Union Street.

One of the principal buildings on this street is St Mary's Pro-Cathedral, designed by John Sweetman, and completed in 1825, the other is the Department of Education and Skills.

Marlborough street will have a stop on the
Luas Green Line when the Cross City extension is complete. Construction started in June 2013 with services expected to begin in 2017. Being near the Red line Abbey street stop it will be a key interchange point on the two Luas lines.

LOADING